· MinGW –
- MinGW stands for Minimalist GNU for Windows.
- MinGW contains C/C++ compiler and Windows specific header files and import libraries.
- MinGW home page is at http://www.mingw.org/
stands for Gnu Compiler Collection.
- GCC can
be used for following languages: C, C++, Objective-C, Modula-3, FORTRAN, and Ada
- GCC compilation
takes up to four stages in following order: preprocessing, compilation proper,
assembly and linking.
stands for Gnu C++ Compiler.
- G++ used to be script but it is now distributed as executable.
- G++.exe calls gcc.exe with default language set to C++, and specifing linking
against the C++ standard library:
gcc -x cpp Test.cpp