· PHP API
stands for PHP Data Objects.
- PDO is
DBAL - Database Abstraction Layer.
- You can
determine which PDO drivers are available by running followinh PHP script:
- Goal of
any DBAL API is to allow you to use the same classes/functions to work with
different Data Bases.
means that the same code would work for MySQL, Oracle, SQLite and other Data
- This is
in contrast of using for instance MySQL API which works only with MySQL DB.
written with MySQL API must be rewriten to work with Oracle or some other DB.
- MDB2 is
written in PHP and available as a PEAR package supporting:
InterBase, Informix, Mini SQL, MySQL, Oracle, ODBC, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and
- JDBC is
Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) standard allowing Java programs to interact
with any database for which a JDBC
driver is available like: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL.
- ODBC is
Open Database Connectivity interface. It is one of the most widespread
abstraction implementations in use today,
supported by a wide range of applications and languages, PHP included.
drivers are offered by all mainstream databases, including those referenced in
the above JDBC introduction.
- Perl DBI
is Perl Database Interface module. It is Perls standardized means for
communicating with a database, and was
inspiration behind PHPs DB package.
is PHP DBAL.
- PHP API PDO Advantages
- PHP API PDO Install
- PHP API PDO MySQL Introduction
- PHP API PDO MySQL Install
- PHP API PDO MySQL Connect
- PHP API PDO MySQL Insert
- PHP API PDO MySQL Select
- PHP API PDO MySQL Select Retreive rows in different formats
- PHP API PDO MySQL Select Prepared Statement Named Parameters
- PHP API PDO MySQL Select Prepared Statement Positional Parameters
- PHP API PDO MySQL Update
- PHP API PDO
- PHP API PDO MySQL Transactions
- PHP API PDO MySQL Errors/Exceptions
- PHP API PDO MySQL Errors/Exceptions Exceptions
- PHP API PDO MySQL Errors/Exceptions Errors