· VB .NET – Introduction
- VB .NET is OOP - Object Oriented Programming Language create by Microsoft
to replace Visual Basic.
- VB .NET is based on Microsoft .NET Framework.
- VB .NET is not backward compatible with Visual Basic, VB 6 or lower
- Visual Basic .NET (VB 7) was original version released with .NET
Framework 1.0 alongside Visual C# and ASP.NET in 2002.
Significant changes broke backward compatibility with Visual Basic (VB
- Visual Basic .NET 2003 (VB 7.1) was released with version 1.1 of the .NET
- Visual Basic 2005 (VB 8.0) was updated version.
Microsoft have decided to drop the .NET portion of the title.
- Visual Basic 2008 (VB 9.0) was released with .NET Framework 3.5 in 2007.
- This info is based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Basic_.NET.