· GENETICS – Terms – Amino Acid – Alanine
- Alanine chemical formula is C3H7NO2.
- Alanine is non-essential amino acid which means that humans can
- Alanine 'R' group is a methyl group -(CH3) making alanine therefore
one stage up from glycine.
- Alanine is one of the most widely amino acids used in protein
- Alanine is required for the metabolism of glucose and in other
- Alanine interactive 3D model can be found at http://www.biotopics.co.uk/JmolApplet/alajdisplayhalos.html.
3D model was taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:L-alanine-3D-balls.png.