· GENETICS – Terms – Amino Acid – Asparagine
- Asparagine chemical formula is C4H8N2O3.
- Asparagine is non-essential amino acid which means that humans can
- Asparagine 'R' group is -(CH2)-CO-NH2, a methyl group with an amide
group attached. An amide group is a carbonyl
group (-C=O) - grey, with red - attached to another amino group - blue
with 2 whites - at the other end of the molecule.
- Asparagine is required by the nervous system to maintain equilibrium.
Asparagine is required for amino acid transformation from one form to
the other which is achieved in the liver.
- Asparagine interactive 3D model can be found at http://www.biotopics.co.uk/JmolApplet/asndisplayhalos.html.
- Aspartic acid 3D model was taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:L-asparagine-3D-sticks.png.