· GENETICS – Terms – Amino Acid – Aspartic
- Aspartic acid chemical formula is C4H7NO4.
- Aspartic acid is non-essential amino acid which means that humans can
- Aspartic acid 'R' group is -(CH2)-COOH, a methyl group with another
carboxylic acid group (-COOH) attached.
- Aspartic is needed for stamina, brain and neural health.
Aspartic assists the liver by removing excess ammonia and other toxins
from the bloodstream.
Aspartic is very important in the functioning of RNA, DNA, and production
of immunoglobulin and antibody synthesis.
- Aspartic acid interactive 3D model can be found at http://www.biotopics.co.uk/JmolApplet/aspdisplayhalos.html.
- Aspartic acid 3D model was taken from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:L-aspartic-acid-3D-sticks.png.