· GENETICS – Terms – Amino Acid – Glumatic
- Glumatic acid chemical formula is C5H9NO4.
- Glumatic acid is non-essential amino acid which means that humans can
- Glumatic acid 'R' group is -(CH2)2-COOH, an ethyl group with another
carboxylic acid group (-COOH) attached.
red and white - at the other end of the molecule.
- Glumatic acid is important excitatory neurotransmitter.
Glumatic acid is important in the metabolism of sugars and fats.
Glutamic acid can be used as fuel in the brain, and can attach itself
to nitrogen atoms in the process of forming
glutamine, and this action also detoxifies the body of ammonia.
This action is the only way in which the brain can be detoxified from
- Glumatic acid acid interactive 3D model can be found at http://www.biotopics.co.uk/JmolApplet/gludisplayhalos.html.
- Glumatic acid 3D model was taken from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:L-glutamic-acid-3D-sticks.png.