· AWStats – Introduction
- AWStats is PERL application for creating statistical reports from
access log files which log web site activity.
- Language in which reports are created can be defined with Lang parameter.
- If logs are using non english month names you would have to translate
them directly in awstats.pl as described in:
AWStats – Errors – bad date format for month, may
be month are not in english
- AWStats home page is located at http://awstats.sourceforge.net/.
- awstats.pl is used to create DB files in text or xml format as
defined with BuildHistoryFormat parameter.
- awstats.pl is used to create specific static HTML or XHTML report
from DB files.
- awstats.pl can be called from Web Application Server when it acts as
interactive Web Application.
In this case no report files are created, they are generated on the
fly as requested and displayed in the browser.
is used to create multiple static reports by multiple calls to awstats.pl.
It can also call HTMLDOC to convert generated reports to PDF.
- HTMLDOC is separate commercial application that can be used to
convert HTML to PDF files.