· PHOTOSHOP – Tutorials – Layers
- Each image in photoshop is made off one or more layers/images placed
on top of each other.
- Each layer is shown as thumbnail in layers window which is activated
by: Window – Layers.
- Layers Window:
- Layers can be draged up and down to define order in which they are
placed atop of each oder in resulting image.
- Eye icon defines if layer is visible in resulting image.
You can enable/disable layer visibility simply by clicking on the
square where eye icon appears.
- Paint brush icon defines target layer on which you are currently
You can define target layer simply by selecting it's thumbnail or
Target layer needs to be visible, has eye icon, in order to paint on
- Chain icon defines that layers are linked which can be used to
create layer sets.
- Lock Transparent Pixels means that no changes will be made to
- Lock Image Pixels means that no changes can be made to pixels except
as result of moving Layer.
- Lock Position means that Layer can't be moved.
- Lock All means that no changes can be made to Layer, neither pixels
or position can be changed.