· SALESFORCE – CRM – Profile
- Profiles define access to objects and their fields.
- For instance if user can create, read, update or delete records of
- Or if it can create, read, edit or delete fields of that Object.
- When you edit a Profile you get a list of all Objects and for each
you can define CRUD permissions.
- Profiles are then assigned to users.
- Additional Info:
- Profile defines accessibility on the API level.
- If field is only hidden from page layout it can still be accessed in
other ways like through API.