– Identity – Amelia Bassano Lanier – Introduction
- The most
recent proposal about identity of William Shakespeare is that he was a woman Amelia
in support of this theory are given in Amelia Bassano
Lanier – Arguments.
- This theory is proposed by Joseph Atwill and John Hudson.
- They believe that Amelia was in romantic relationship with Marlow.
- Marlow was murdered just before he was preparing to publish a
- This theory assumes that this triggered Amelia to start writing
plays under the name of Shakespeare.
- Plays would contain hidden information's because of which Marlow was
- This explains both why Amelia was hiding behind a pseudonym and why
she started writing inandi 1953.